Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day Gift

My Mother's Day was wonderful. My little Mags made me a cereal bar breakfast with juice and muffins. I got beautiful pink hydrangeas. And my favorite, homemade cards from school. I was actually a little sad my oldest is in high school and they don't go there anymore.
Of course as moms we don't always get what we might really want gift wise. So we have to take the matter into our own hands. This was my Mother's Day gift to myself. I had forgotten to include this on my list of fabric wants! Moda's California Girl by Fig Tree Quilts.


Even though I'm not a big blue person, this line just called out to me. Maybe it's because I'm a California Girl myself. It just feels like a summer day. I plan on making a Granny Squares quilt with it.
Photo: Blue Elephant Stitches
Here is a great Granny Squares tutorial on Blue Elephant Stitches blog. It is so popular it sparked it's own I Granny Flickr group. I just love the simplicity of it and of course it looks like flowers. How could I resist? I'll keep you posted!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails